After months of trying, I’ve pretty much perfected the top knot. Go me, right? The top knot is one of my favorite looks, as it immediately adds drama and a sense of high fashion to any look. I’d been trying for a while to perfect it and finally I believe I have. All I needed was a hair styler foundation. They are sold at Sally’s in various sizes. To get the perfect top know, just follow the steps below.
1. Blow dry hair straight. Flat iron if needed. That’s right, hair needs to be straight to be fairly straight to create the perfect top knot. By taking some of the bulk out of your hair you will make it easier to work with and be able to create a smoother finish.
2. Using a paddle brush, brush hair to the center of the top of your head. Of course, it can be placed off-center for a more glamorous, out-of-the-box look.
3. Next, take the hair and put it in a high pony tail on top of your head, secured with a hair tie.
4. Next pull the high ponytail through the mesh hair styler foundation.
5. Secure the ponytail around the hair styler foundation with bobby pins.
That’s it, you’ve created a classy top knot. Click here to see more top knots.