Tomorrow is Valentine’s Day. Haven’t thought about how single you are lately? Odds are you will tomorrow.
So as a single woman of 29 what am I in search of? Maybe I’m simply in search of satisfaction. But if that’s it, I need only to have a good hair day. That’s satisfying. No, I’m in search – as we all are – of a feeling. A feeling like the one I get when I hear the below songs. So Hair Say readers, here is my V-Day playlist. Single or attached, give at least two of these a listen on February 14.
Valentine’s Day Playlist
- The Night Time is the Right Time by Ray Charles.
- I Was Made to Love Her by Stevie Wonder. Who does not want to look at a significant other and know that he’s looking back thinking, “I was made to love her”?
- That Girl by Stevie Wonder. “That girl thinks that she’s so fine that soon she’ll have my mind. That girl thinks that she’s so smart that soon she’ll have my heart.” Yes, I’m a Stevie fan and while I love a lot of his songs, this song is my favorite.
- Best Thing I Never Had by Beyonce. If you’re glad to be out of a bad relationship, go ahead and sing this.
- Do You Know (The Ping Pong Song) by Enrique Iglesias.
- Weak by SWV. If a strapping fellow is making you weak admit it, you put this on when getting ready to go out with him, just like you did back in middle school. Times change, but that spring, summer feeling does not.
- Luxury: Cococure by Maxwell. On the list because it doesn’t only make me feel sexy. It makes me feel damn sexy.
- Can’t No Man by Tamia. Tamia released A Nu Day in 2000 and it was packed with excellent jams. Can’t No Man is for anyone who just cannnot let go. Hey, sometimes when it’s good, it’s good. And when it’s bad, it’s bad.
- sobeautiful by Musiq Soulchild. Yeah, this is not going to help you feel connected if you are feeling lonely on V-Day, but it is one of my favorite slow jams ever. So it makes the play list.
- Love and War by Tamar Braxton. I had to slip in a newish song. This is an excellent song, so go ahead pour yourself a glass of wine and look at the four walls that are not closing in on you.
- Freak Me by Silk. Just in case you will not be getting anything – flowers, loving, dinner, nookie, or even a phone call – on V-Day, may as well put this on and reminisce.
- Hopeless by Dionne Farris. For all of those who want to have a pity party and feel like their love lives are hopeless. “I stayed just a little too long and now it’s time for me to move on. They say I’m hopeless as a penny with a hole in it. They say I’m no less than up to my head in it.”